View Single Post

January 31st, 2013, 10:04
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
What's your opinion of Demon's Souls? I'm currently trying to snag a copy on Ebay.

I played it briefly when it was released, but I didn't think much of it back then. Now that I'm finally beginning to understand the appeal of Dark Souls, I'm also interested in giving Demon's Souls another try.
I really liked Demon's Souls. I tried to finish it before jumping into Dark Souls but couldn't resist playing Dark Souls after hearing so many talking about it. I got quite far in Demon's Souls though and enjoyed every bit of it. I'll probably try to get back to it sometime.

The core gameplay style and atmosphere are very similar between the two titles - so I'd say if you like Dark Souls you'll enjoy Demon's Souls. Dark Souls added some refinements (graphically and gameplay-wise) as well as the zoneless open world kind of setup. Demon's Souls instead had a central hub with portals to different areas.

But it's definitely worth playing both titles, in my opinion. These are my two favorite games for the PS3.

Myrkrel

Sentinel