View Single Post

January 31st, 2013, 16:53
The top 2 is correct, though in the wrong order .
Originally Posted by Maylander View Post
True, but it's still more of an RPG than most games on the list - Dark Souls,
Donīt underestimate the rpg-ness of Dark Souls!
Originally Posted by Maylander View Post
Because it has classes, character development and quite a few choices that impact the story, especially once you take into consideration the consequences of importing ME2 savegames.
Dark Souls has character development and itemization which significantly affect how you play the game, exploration which ties to character progression in major way and thereīs even a place for a few C&C too.
Both games are hybrids and both emphasize different sets of RPG elements, most obvious difference being dialogue choices in ME3 vs. exploration in Dark Souls.
Originally Posted by Brother None View Post
What the hell, you guys. I mean, sure, I know it was a relatively poor year for RPGs, but…Mass Effect 3? It's not even that much of an RPG, good game or not.
RPGs at least somewhat approaching the non-hybrid status were simply not as strong as some other years, or at least I havenīt noticed anything in the same qualitative ballpark as
The Witcher 2, Drakensang 2 or Fallout: New Vegas.
It also bears pointing out that there was no clear winner this year.

Iīd add that, personally I feel that dividing the votes between indies and non-indies should be scrapped.
I kinda understand why it was done in the past few years, but especially with all the kickstarters on horizon, I think the polls would be more valuable/telling if the vote was undivided.
This year, for example, I suspect Legend of Grimrock will steamroll the indie vote and itīd be interesting to see how well it would fare against the "big guns".

What you think about most, is what you become.
Last edited by DeepO; January 31st, 2013 at 17:06.

DeepO

deep outside