View Single Post

January 31st, 2013, 20:50
Originally Posted by JemyM View Post
And how does that mean the need to follow a bureaucratic system?
You're the one that introduced that line of thought, not me. Isn't that some sort of dried wheat stalks, perfesser? The unfortunate fact is that the very definition refers to government and your grand pronouncement omits it. You're more than welcome to send a strongly worded email to Webster if you like. Let me know how that goes for you. I can't hardly give this damn apple away if you don't get yer head in the game.

It proves the point perfectly. If the ballot box have no real impact, it's not democracy. The people must then govern the society by other means and to speak out is an essential part of it.
So you admit that your impressive expository has dick to do with democracy. We're talking about democracy here, perfesser. It's right there in the thread title. Anything after the part I bolded is moot because, by your own words, you aren't talking about the topic anymore. All that moot stuff sounded very impressive, though. Perhaps a slice of juicy red apple for that.

You uncritically defend the system to be infallible.
Say what? I'm quite confident that if there's anyone on this whole forum that doesn't think the system is infallible, that would be yours truly. After all, I'm certainly not the one always asking for more and more of the system and holding it up as some paragon of virtue and goodness. No rainbows and unicorns here, thank you very much. I can't even give you a rotten apple for tripe like that, perfesser.

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: *sigh* / / Detroit Red Wings: Took injuries to see them, but how about them youngsters!

dteowner

Shoegazer