View Single Post

February 3rd, 2013, 02:55
Planescape: Torment would be my first choice, or alternatively BG 1 followed by PS:T, as that way you'll probably end up appreciating PS:T even more. Play BG2 after PS:T as it actually gives a few nods back to that game (not many, but they are there).
Preferably you want something to play between the infinity engine games, so that it won't get too repetitive, so some Might & Magic 3 would probably work quite well here.
After this, another infinity engine game (either BG1 or PS:T depending on which one you played first) and then Gothic 2.

I don't think there will be any major problems with graphics here. Realms of Arkania, Deus Ex & M&M 6 will probably be the biggest offenders, for their own individual reasons, but nothing too jarring. I would go so far as to say that most of these games actually look pretty good, even today.

So basically:
Planescape: Torment OR Baldur's Gate 1
Might & Magic 3
The other infinity engine game (i.e. either PS:T or BG1)
Gothic 2
Deus Ex (easy transition from Gothic)
Realms of Arkania
BG:2
and then I'm not sure.

I would not really recommend playing through all Ultimas, unless you are a die hard fan of the series. Ultima 1-3 have aged quite poorly, and don't have a strong story connection anyway.

Fnord

Keeper of the Watch