View Single Post

February 4th, 2013, 23:57
Originally Posted by BillSeurer View Post
When drinkers start chucking their beers onto me from across the restaurant and getting it mixed into my water whether I want it or not I'll be as upset with them as with smokers.
Exactly. When the public smoking bans came about in Texas, a lot of people went on about their personal rights and how it wasn't fair that people could drink while they can't smoke. Easy way to shut them up was something like this: When you can get Cirrhosis from my drinking, I'll shut up about your second hand smoke.

I have a particular distain for smokers because the vast majority of my in-laws are hard core chain smokers. We're talking 2-3 packs a day. I suffered through it before, but now that I have a 16 month old daughter, I've made it pretty damn clear that there will be no smoking around her. My wife was nervous as hell going home for Christmas. Thankfully, her parents had fumigated the house and my MIL confined her smoking to the laundry room. FIL wasn't quite as good about it, but not too bad. Only bad time was when they had a big group over to watch the Cowboys game and everyone of them lit up. Our daughter said hello then went down for about a 3 1/2 hour nap at them point.

For a while we were having a problem with people smoking in front of our condo. The intake for the HVAC for our unit is right near the front steps, so we were getting smoke just pumped into our unit. Thankfully, I'm on the condo board!

It truly is a disgusting habit with serious health consequences. I really can't see how any educated person in this day and age still lights up.

————————————————-

"Ya'll can go to HELL! I'm-a-goin' to TEXAS!"

- Davy Crockett

blatantninja

Resident Redneck Facist