View Single Post

February 6th, 2013, 11:04
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
The quest given to you by the guard in that first town? South and West of the starting area right? I played around in there for awhile today. Seems like a pretty big dungeon to start out in. I hope all the dungeons don't look the same, because I can see myself getting burnt out on them real fast. I got to level 2 and found a helmet and a better sword, but I ended up quitting while still on the first floor.

One thing I definitely like is the music. In particular, that piece that plays during the load screen when you're entering the town. It's *very* similar to something from a older game, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

This game has tons of potential, but I think I'm done for now. It's not grabbing me hard enough to pay to unlock the demo. I'll pick it up again after a few updates to see how it's progressing.
Yeah that dungeon is massive - many floors and each floor is huge. There's definitely some balancing issues they need to work on if this is a starter quest. The original kill count I needed was something like 80+ monsters, and there are sometimes maybe 10 at the most per floor. As for the dungeon looks - I've seen one other dungeon variant so far (a mine) but really haven't been around enough to know what other variants there are. I think they are working on some more dungeon sets.

I'm very impressed by the music as well - to the point where I copied the mp3s to another folder so I can listen to it while doing other things. Some of it reminds me of Elder Scrolls stuff - I could see maybe a Jeremy Soule influence on the composer. The ambient dungeon tracks are suitably creepy and atmospheric too.

I can understand waiting on purchasing - the game needs some fleshing out for sure. The developer seems very active with adding changes and features so hopefully things improve pretty quickly. I'll keep this thread updated.

Myrkrel

Sentinel