View Single Post

February 7th, 2013, 17:08
From what I can tell there is no way to change the resolution of the textures. There is a "Mipmap" setting that determines how detailed the textures are. I changed it to a lower number and the game looked like Minecraft or something with very little detail, but I also still got the same FPS for some odd reason.

Now I'm getting pretty heavy lag in Ald'Ruhn. Even at times when there aren't a lot of NPCs around. I checked how much CPU and memory Morrowind is using and it's only 60%. It's not bogging down my system yet I'm still getting lag. (Note - turning collision off doubles my FPS in Ald'Ruhn)

I searched online and found others reported lag in Ald'Ruhn. Even people who had much more powerful computers than mine. It doesn't really make sense. I have seen countless posts by people reporting poor FPS with Morrowind Overhaul and Graphics Extender who have setups that definitely should be able to run this stuff.

I've tried every setting in the Overhaul and Graphics Extender and have had no impact on my FPS.

I don't know what to do next, other than just hold off on playing until I get a better computer…

Fluent

RPG Fiend
RPGWatch Team