View Single Post

February 8th, 2013, 11:36
Originally Posted by Elel View Post
Funny but that's not always the case. I've seen a lot of public people (not from the game developer field) who're pretty much never thrashtalked or misunderstood. And some others are constantly getting flak. Mostly in depends on personality, timid people and troll-like people get different reactions.

In this case my guess is that people's behavior is an indication that people DO have a very serious issue with Bioware. On a personal level that might hurt, but it doesn't really have anything to do with personal level! Most people would talk to a member of a company as if they were talking to the company at large.
Lots of people are idiots - that's true.

But he does represent the company when speaking about their products in public - and that's what he's having a hard time saying straight in that blog.

As such, he shouldn't be surprised when people make him responsible for his own statements.

He's been avidly defending Bioware all the way - and he did exactly the same on this very site.

So, if he's now saying that he didn't actually feel their decisions were worth defending - then he's a liar. But that's not what he's saying. He's being as unclear as ever. Because he's deliberately sidestepping EXACTLY how he feels about their changes and products.

That's what makes him so unreliable - and while I wouldn't call him a clearcut liar - I think it's painfully obvious that he's still partially in denial about his own role in his reception and he doesn't come off as honest in any way whatsoever.

That doesn't mean the general public is fair - because it never has been. The general public is a mob with no brain. You don't want to hope for a fair exchange from them - or you'll be disappointed every single time.

That shouldn't be a surprise to anyone who's ever spoken in public.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential