View Single Post

February 8th, 2013, 17:50
As to "the devs", I believe someone called Michael Shamgar is also involved with Grimoire and is reputedly responsible for finding a bug that was holding up development on Win 64. Viz:

"Shams has been indispensable with his work on the Kingstep engine and assisting with many of the finer technical details of the game."

As to what happens next. I think a demo will probably appear soon (fingers firmly crossed though). How it will turn out is hard to know, but I'm cautiously optimistic given the videos that have been released that show interesting mechanics and what look like some good UI innovations. Of course there's a lot more to a Wiz game than just getting some mechanics right - getting the pace and balance right too is essential and the sometimes whimsical but subtle humour in David Bradley's games was also important, I think.

What happens next is harder to say. None of my Kickstarter projects are on time and I don't imagine Grimoire is likely to be different, but it's hard to know. As a developer myself (in a totally different field) I haven't always been able to estimate completion dates either .

Roq

Seeker
RPGWatch Donor