View Single Post

February 9th, 2013, 10:37
Originally Posted by DArtagnan View Post
As long as I speak what I consider to be the truth (as far as I'm capable of establishing it) - I'm not concerned with the reception. Angry or defensive reactions tend to provoke more thought and debate - which is not necessarily a bad thing.
Does it work for you? I messed up a few of very important sure deals in my life (they would be sure deals otherwise) because of reacting with passion. And I took it as a life lesson. Venting your emotions isn't worth it if you can't get through to people any longer. But I guess there are different situations and you're right about it, sometimes it's possible to work things out like that.

So, if someone who has never played Dragon Age 2 - says it's a piece of shit, they're fully informed?
I assume that everybody who gives an opinion about it has played it. Otherwise it's rather silly to have an opinion in the first place.

It would help his image as far as I'm concerned. Whether that's "better" is of little interest to me.
Why care for his image? Do you know each other?

Honestly, I don't care for Bioware employees that much. Especially now that they're ruining everything. DA2 is basically full real-time (pause is dysfunctional if everything is too fast and you have no command queue). The next logical step is to remove skill trees altogether, you can't use them to their full capacity anyway in a full real-time game. I found a Bioware reply to that, and it boiled down to the fact that they're trying to sell their games to people who prefer to play action games and won't bother with queue or pause. That's a lost cause, somebody who calls the shots only cares for money and is going to kill everything that made this company brilliant in the past for the sake of profit. Now why would I care about image of their employees when it's not going to change anything? I have no idea what David Gaider really thinks about it (it's not like you can talk freely in public), and neither I know him in person.

Elel

Watchdog