View Single Post

February 9th, 2013, 19:56
Originally Posted by MigRib View Post
But I can't have role playing without voice anymore. Just doesn't cut it for me. The same with too much tactical combat. I know that most people (in this forum at least) have no problem with strategy and tactical combat in an RPG, but that's not my personal taste

They presented a lot of strategy, yes, the interaction with NPCs part did not seem to be that much important (maybe it will be in the final version, but here it isn't. And yes again, I do not like the combats to be tactical, I like them quick and dirty. Not as in Diablo, but as in any Fallout 3, FONV, Mass Effect… I wasn't expecting another Mass Effect (I would like it to be more like that, but I knew it wasn't). I was expecting it to be more of a modern version of the early Fallouts, but with all the bells and whistles that by that time they couldn't have. After this video, I don't know…
Yeah, I guess than this game is not for you. But I think the point is that this game is bringing back the "old" gameplay and not just the franchise and that was what they said. But you seem to wish for the opposite: Have a modern game with the old franchise.
This game is not for you. On the bright side for you, there are tons of games out there which you will like - which we don't because they are too "streamlined" or "dumbed down" for us. That's not meant as an offense. But you seem to be more of a Console gamer enjoying to be entertained from the couch. A lot of the gamers on RPG watch seem to be the opposite, liking to get "invested" into games, as I do as well - and this is why we are so hyped about a game bringing back what has gone missing during the last 10 years or so.

Kordanor

Wastelander
RPGWatch Donor