View Single Post

February 10th, 2013, 02:40
Originally Posted by CountChocula View Post
This one is kind of on the bulky side, and the CPU is not very good (i5-3230m), but it is incredibly cheap and it will run recent games at 1080p on high settings:

Lenovo Y500 with Dual 650m in SLI - $899
Thanks for the suggestion, but I think I'm gonna take the plunge and buy something more expensive, make a bigger investment now and hopefully buy something that will last me more years than if I purchased something cheaper. Hoping I can buy a laptop that will take me through the next generation of gaming. My idea is that the $2000 laptop will be great for a few years, then maybe I can swap out the graphics card or upgrade the memory down the road to keep up with modern gaming. I don't know a ton about this type of stuff, but that's what I'm thinking.

I posted on notebookreview, very impressive forum they have over there. Just curious though, how long do these expensive laptops last before becoming obsolete? Is it unreasonable to think that a NP9150 Special Edition will last me for 5+ years possibly? Or is that completely out of the question? Like I said, I'm hoping if the laptop starts becoming obsolete, I can just upgrade it instead of buying another big investment laptop. Just some thoughts I'm having before taking the dive…

Thanks for the help fellas, been very helpful.

Fluent

RPG Fiend
RPGWatch Team