View Single Post

February 10th, 2013, 04:33
I agree with most of this author's list of changes. The only one I disagree with is "no character voice." Hawke's flippant, sarcastic tone was the highlight of DA2 for me. Wasn't a fan of the hollow-eyed, staring into space gazes of DA:O. Mute protagonists work in Skyrim, not in something were there are loads of cinematic, dialogue-driven cutscenes. Just my humble opinion… I know others disagree.

Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
At this point I don't think Bioware can please everybody. They can try but past history of there last two games shows this. David Gaider himself pondered this on his blog.
I think this is very true. There is one group of gamers that want Bioware games to be the PC-only party-based RPGs of old and another group that wants Bioware games to be cinematic action games. They're trying to cater to both… and that's a very difficult balance to find.

Originally Posted by Maylander View Post
They already made what we want to see - Dragon Age: Origins and Awakening. It was fantastic, as was the feedback and sales. I fail to see the problem. It's a winning recipe.
They were fantastic… as long as you played on the PC. The pause and play strategy style doesn't work well with a controller for consoles, and the result was awkward. That was one of the big criticisms for DA:O. I'd love for them to go back to making games geared for the PC foremost, but we all know that will not happen.

dpc76

Watchdog