View Single Post

February 11th, 2013, 09:15
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Reading between the lines: the ME line is damaged publicity-wise, so they can't re-use the name.
They did not state they wont use the ME name. What they insist on is the number.

Players want to play exceptional characters. Bioware, with Sheppard, delivered them an exceptional character among exceptional characters. Considering the depth and scope of Sheppard's actions that pervaded into every aspect of life, keeping the course of developping an universe that evolves according to the player's choices would push the productions costs way beyond what Bioware can endure.

Not only it is a nightmare of thinking of all the combinations, but even if they only go for an average of the most common decisions made, collected thanks to the Internet, they would not be able to keep up.

What they want to go away from is the kind of promise of delivering a universe where every choice by the player matters in continuity from one episode to another.

They are experiencing that this kind of promises is suicidal in terms of production costs. Both developpers insisted largely that they want to break the continuity thing that was so publicized both for ME and DA.

ChienAboyeur

SasqWatch