View Single Post

February 14th, 2013, 05:20
Here's the video for anyone who is too lazy to read that wall of text and instinctively drew conclusions from the quoted part (as I did).
While their points are not as simplistic as merging the genres or bringing silly Facebook features to games * I can honestly say that I've seen more creative thinking and impressive design(/gameplay) ideas on Kickstarter than I did in what you'd expect to be an insightful talk.

PS. I realise that their numerous mentions of monetizing and the sole example outside BW/OBS being Skyrim and its financial success is a great signpost of what their focus was but then again with RPGs being the main topic they could have stuck with actual game design.

*I'd argue that by Urquhart's definition a lot of the (non-news focused) discussions taking place on our forums or in threads like Maylander's "Just finished.." would fall under the stuff they envision as the future.

I'd just like to interject here and point out that I'm not going to say anything to spoil the mood, Chief. I'll just float here and watch. Don't mind me, just sitting here, floating and watching, that's me.

Kostas

Dormant Watcher