View Single Post

February 14th, 2013, 20:54
My first attempt at the game was fairly short. A second chance really opened me up to it. Learning the card-spell system was interesting, and in time (provided it was your primary investment), you would become insanely strong as a mage character. I found a few one hit creatures along the way that often impeded progress which forced me find a way around. As Dajjer mentioned, one particular woodland area really had nothing interesting to provide for the player. It looked like it was meant to serve a purpose, but I can really only recall one quest that asked you to travel out that way.

And the main quest, while uninspiring, really gave way to exploration. Sadly you weren't rewarded much unless you became aware of the permanent effect herbs needed for certain potions. Loot wasn't hand placed (save for a few, I believe), but whatever you found in chest would almost always be put to use later.

I, too, have yet to pick up a copy of the second game. I heard of the numerous improvements over the original.

Ragnaris

Watchdog