View Single Post

February 16th, 2013, 14:14
Originally Posted by Saxon1974 View Post
I assume this one will be linear like the first one?

I thought Avadon was a decent game, but I didn't like the linear exploration style; I much prefered the open world design of the previous games. I think the graphics are fine though.
According to some dudes on the forums who seem to have a clue it seems like it will be a linear game. I quote the global moderator "Randomizer" from the Avernum Forums:
Jeff has been shifting to a linear world because it's easier to balance the major quests to an average party level for each area. The older game remakes are still going to be open worlds with party death as the limiting factor on where you can go.

Originally Posted by pibbur who View Post
I think his games are great. The graphics/ui are fine with me, I don't need him to change anything. Especially not at the cost of content. The problem I have with older graphics is heavy pixellation, but these graphics are sharp. They also remind me ( fondly) of my rpg boardgame period. Changing the avatar portrets was very welcome, though.
Exactly what I think about these graphics. Also the Avernum Talent Graphics looked unprofessional.

Kordanor

Wastelander
RPGWatch Donor