View Single Post

February 17th, 2013, 04:58
@Myrkrul:
I came across some old folders a couple years ago where I had written out all the combinations of the teleporting stones for Magic Candle I had found in game. The stones were spheres, cones & cubes a la EOA (Electronic Arts to you young whippersnappers). While I look back at this kind of thing nostalgically, I don't think I would have the patience for that stuff now. Regardless Magic Candle is one of my all time favorites. One of the best features: monsters respawned only after a certain amount of game time based on difficulty level (iirc 30, 60 or 90 days). Ooh and I almost forgot, you could see the monsters' positions on the world map.

Even more fond memories of the 80's 8 bit era: receiving new floppies with patched versions of Magic Candle. You didn't get those unless you took the time to complete the registration cards that came in the game. Most people probably threw those out, I always filled them out hoping to get some sort of extras or something. Plus, I believe there were game-stopping bugs fixed in those. Ahhh, while the early 90's DOS CRPGs were awesome, they didn't hold a "candle" (no pun intended) to the 8 bit era of the 80s.

EvilManagedCare

Sentinel