View Single Post

February 18th, 2013, 11:14
Originally Posted by dteowner View Post
Oh we're certainly sexual prudes over here. I'm sure JemyM could find a chapter or two in his textbooks that might clue you into the historical basis for that attitude. Of course, one might also give some thought to the fact that the best y'all have for "freedom of expression" is the ability to show titties on TV. Since the entire basis of your point is that titties should be no big deal, congratulations! You've supported your argument with something that even you think is utterly blase. *golf clap*
Now explain how this is different from naming conventions.

A totalitarian society begins with the question "what shall be allowed, and why?". A free society begins with the question "what shall be denied, and why?". A discussion about whether or not something is a good use of a freedom is rooted in a misunderstanding what freedom actually is so I say your paragraph blatantly disqualifies you from a such discussion.

Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind. - John F Kennedy
An eye for an eye, and soon the whole world is blind. - Mahatma Gandhi
The world is my country. To do good is my religion. My mind is my own church. This simple creed is all we need to enjoy peace on earth. - Thomas Paine

JemyM

Okay, now roll sanity.

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM