View Single Post

February 19th, 2013, 03:41
Originally Posted by JemyM View Post
Can't say "do not ignore/repeat history" using a false symbol which in context becomes just absurd. And if we are to speak about history I would also mention that democratic systems from a revolution are extremely rare while totalitarian systems from a revolution are extremely common.
Boy, you're on a roll! More impressive textbook wisdom that has absolutely nothing to do with the original topic, nor the current tangent. Sounded extremely studious, though. I might have even stroked the beard I don't have once or twice. We had a special thread for Dattaswami wisdom; perhaps it's time to start one for JemyM impressive pronouncements.

History is full of situations where a government disarms a group of citizens/natives to quell dissent, promising greater safety, usually leading to rather nasty oppression of said group that no longer has any means to defend itself. The makeup of each group, which you find so terribly important, is utterly superfulous to the historical precedent. Check out China under Mao. Check out German Jews. Check out the American Indians that were pictured. Check out colonial Africa. Check out Darfur. Check out the Armenians. Check out Cambodia under Pol Pot. Need I continue, or can you find those chapters in your textbooks?

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: *sigh* / / Detroit Red Wings: Took injuries to see them, but how about them youngsters!

dteowner

Shoegazer