View Single Post

February 21st, 2013, 21:04
I don't see any problem with this. Near complete projects have been kickstarted before (FTL…). If it is near completion, keeping the funds isn't a problem because the reason kickstarters need to reach the goal to get any money is to ensure no one gets incomplete budgets that lead to no game being completed (and the budget is lost with nothing to show for it). There is no such issue here.

Grimrock took 4 guys ten years. That's 40 man years. So Cleve has repeatedly had the impression that there was light at the end of the tunnel, and was repeatedly mistaken. Well, I'm sure not throwing any stones. In the end if the scope of the game is what he says it is he was much more efficient nonetheless. Unless he's mistaken once more (that is the only real issue here).

Cleve would like a successful crowdfunding campaign to be reassured that there is demand for his product before investing six more months and x thousand more dollars into yet more art assets. That's just good business sense. when Fargo says it everyone agrees (including myself) so i agree with Cleve as well.

Sorry @Hellrazor I just figured out how I misread your post earlier.

Swords and Sorcery - Underworld and Sovereign
OlderBytes.com

Charles-cgr

Sentinel