Thread: Pricewatch!
View Single Post

February 24th, 2013, 12:22
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Thanks. I watched some gameplay vids of both games, and I like what I saw with Civ V.

About The Line, do you remember if there was an option to disable the onscreen prompts for reload, vault, etc.? If I have to see those throughout the entire game then I think I'll pass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paITOK7sdc8
I can't remember sorry.I think passing up this game would be mistake for story alone especilay if you like material game is inspired by(Joseph Conrad's book Hearth of darkness and Coppola's movie Apocalypse now),I even think feeling is more intense than in those because you are one that has to make ambiguous decisions and watch consequences of it.

Also if you take Civ 5 expansion Gods and kings is must have it enhances gameplay quite.

Originally Posted by txa1265 View Post
Civ IV was my first, and it was breathtakingly good - definitely one of my faves. Civ V was also very good, but not quite at the same level.
Agreed they are not on same level,but compared to similar games Civ 5 is better than competition(Warlock,Elemental) while Civ IV comes up short compared to other more hard core 4x games like Galactic Civilizations 2 or previous Civs or EU games if we compare it to other strategies.
Originally Posted by txa1265 View Post
you get dozens of hours of gameplay compared to ~5 for Spec Ops.
Spec ops is short but very intense with kind of story you rarely see in games,purely more hours of gameplay doesn't make game more or less viable choice it comes down purely to preferences.Personally between those 2 I think Civ 5 is better choice.

Nameless one

Keeper of the Watch