View Single Post

February 24th, 2013, 14:18
Originally Posted by txa1265 View Post
I find it amusing at times, but the awful laugh track is more annoying than anything else. And as someone who has spent my life in the science/engineering fields, the lack of even attempting something realistic is annoying as well. I don't expect it to be like a procedural drama, but … well, I find it hard to draw an analogy. The only thing that I HAVE seen happen is the scientist/engineer condescension.
+1 on the laugh track. Another time I tried to watch the show Sheldon was using his laptop, then says something like: "Oh Ubuntu, it's no wonder I love you most of the Linux based operating systems…" and the crowd went wild. First of all, that isn't funny (not because of some bias against Ubuntu or Linux. It's like stating a fact about some regular product. He could have just as easily been talking about his favorite fabic softener); second, there's no way so many people in the audience would even have known what he was talking about.

So I turned the channel immediately because it was so unfunny. It may sound like I have it out for this show. Maybe I do, because not only is it not funny, but it's on constantly.

EvilManagedCare

Sentinel