View Single Post

March 1st, 2013, 06:52
I haven't tried King Cashing yet, the sequel just came out so I may give that a shot. There is a far better slots RPG then tower of fortune though, which might be worth checking out if your curious to see what others have done with the genre. It's called Battle slots, although I believe it's only available for the PC. It's not perfect, but it's really fun for awhile, an in a whole different league from tower of fortune, at the very least. They probably really should make an IOS version.

Originally Posted by DungeonPlunder View Post

Fun fact: I didn't even bothered to check for other slots rpgs when I decided to go that road with the game as I was somewhat convinced I was the first to think about it! The good thing is that they didn't "contaminated" my design.

Main difference with King Cashing and Towers of Fortune is that it's not pure random: There's cooldowns to manage (there's a few shown in the trailer) and you get to choose symbols with a respin phase. It has a good pace to it, not too head scratching but still must be careful to not fall into auto-pilot mode.

fadedc

Keeper of the Watch