View Single Post

March 2nd, 2013, 03:33
I will give them credit for quickly addressing the showstopper I referenced above. Another build was released that fixes the specific failure I had noted above. Now its just a matter of testing it I guess. Hopefully the save games are compatible.

My take is if you really want RPG on a computer then use skype or whatever chat systems are used these days for remote DnD gaming. These types of CRPGs are more about playing with miniatures with computer handing the other sides at least for this style of game. I'm totally ok calling this a Tactical RPG in the spirit of Fallout 1 or Disgaea. Some people do not consider JA2 or Silent Storm or Disgaea to be RPGs and I can agree that they have a strong Strategy component. But in past 20 years, no one has ever been able to define the essence of what makes a CRPG because it is different for every person.

Now I'm sure that its not to the level of Fallout in options given to player but they have a decent branching dialog system with interesting options that play into C&C. I've never played beyond a handful of battles so I don't know how extensive it is but I have high hopes it will be interesting in combat and dialog but its a Tactical RPG in any case.

The MU piece could be nice if I played with other on a LAN but I dont so I dont care. I only care if it shows that it distracted greatly from the final promised product. At this point, that is up in the air at the moment and stability will be my main test for that.

figment

Sentinel
RPGWatch Donor