View Single Post

March 3rd, 2013, 14:21
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
1. If the game was made for an average gamer I won't buy it. I'm not an average gamer. And I don't care for 20 hours average gamers waste, if that was true that average WoW players are not average.
I consider myself to be an average gamer - but one who prefers to buy offline, and adventure games.

I personally believe that among "average gamers" the amount of those who'd prefer to buy offline - not Steam and similar services - is much, much bigger than the companies - which have the younger gamer generations who are already accustzomed to buy things online - might want to believe - if they knew about it.

And I also believe that the 30+ or even the 40+ gamer is - in THEIR view/opinion - NOT an "average gamer" !

The "average gamer" in THEIR view is - as far as I can see it - a person ranging from being a teenanger to the end-20s.

I might be wrong, but this is the far BIGGEST group I have seen on the Games Com during the last years - and because of that I have no doubt that "the industry" is catering THEM.

The Whales, that's something different. They're imho a group entirely different from the "average gamer" - although perhaps sometimes overlapping with them.

Edit : And : Don't MMOs have Microtransactions, too ?

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR