View Single Post

March 6th, 2013, 19:43
Originally Posted by jwmeep View Post
This is purely hypothetical question since this will be fully funded in a few hours.

Hey Brother None, Chris Taylor claimed that Project Eternity and the other big kickstarters were actually looking for $3 Million dollars, and only asked for 1 to have a better chance of getting it. If Torment only reached the $1 million goal, would InExile have to lay people off since it wasn't enough money?
Everything Brian has said this last year has indicated he'd hate to do that but yeah, you'd have to think so. I'm sure they'd do their best to retain them if at all possible but $900k simply can't pay for as many people as $3m can. The reality is without publisher money backing them inXile depends on community kickstarter support on each and every project to stay in business. He's put a tremendous amount of trust in us and that's why I'm happy to put my trust in him.

However, I guarantee you they have a plan for every amount between $900k and $3m or more to produce the best game they can. There's no way Fargo would betray the trust of his kickstarter backers and not make the best of whatever amount he raised.

LuckyCarbon

Unfettered Developer