View Single Post

March 6th, 2013, 19:36
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
The entire article is written as if Visceral Studio Montreal closing down was a rumor, but Dead Space 4 being cancelled is a sure thing despite pre-production cancellation being like putting something on a tablet to use it later (happens all the time).

See it's the opposite that happened: Visceral Studio Montreal have been close down (that is not a rumor). As for Dead Space 4, the previous games have all been made at Visceral Redwood Shore…

The point of the other studios is that the closure of VSM had nothing to do with Dead Space not meeting sales, it was done because of EA restructuring. It's actually mentioned in the article, but ignored by the "journalist".
The primary focus of the article is Dead Space, not EA. Whether or not Visceral Montreal closed due to restructuring is mostly irrelevant. "Restructuring" is usually what happens when monetary goals aren't being met, and they obviously weren't. I'm not refering to Dead Space alone, EA's issues most likely go deeper than that.

Afaik, there hadn't been an official announcement from EA. I assume that's why he used the term "rumored" even if it's obviously true. I don't have a problem with that.

Point is, Dead Space 4 was cancelled. That's primarily why people are reading the article.. not because they care about EA's restructuring. The article states that DS4 has been cancelled, which it has for now. That doesn't mean it can't be resurrected at a later date. My only issue would be the author stating that they've "effectively axed the series" which seems premature.

However, I think we both know that it's highly unlikely for a company like EA to revisit a brand that failed to meet their expectations once before.

JDR13

SasqWatch