View Single Post

March 7th, 2013, 00:12
Originally Posted by Warmark View Post
Lennart Sas of Triumph Studios said the Age of Wonders series has made more money from selling on GOG than the games did when they first were released, probably the same thing happening here for Torment.
^Regarding this topic, I know it's unrelated but I don't remember it being discussed:
What happens with the sales of games whose developer and/or publisher doesn't exist anymore. I can understand how getting a license to a game works and that the fee paid by GOG is subject to the contractual agreements between the owner of the IP and the various parties involved in developing and publishing but what happens with the dollars earned by the sales?
More specifically, who apart from GOG gets nowadays money from games like PS:T and Fallout? What happens with the Gothics whose publisher has gone bankrupt but the developers still operate?

I'd just like to interject here and point out that I'm not going to say anything to spoil the mood, Chief. I'll just float here and watch. Don't mind me, just sitting here, floating and watching, that's me.

Kostas

Dormant Watcher