View Single Post

March 9th, 2013, 02:46
Originally Posted by rune_74 View Post
Wow, I'm not even sure where to start with this. He is not trying to copy mount and blade(not even sure how this is even relevant). He is trying to make the next version of the ultimas without actually owning the ip. For the record I barely see mount and blade as an rpg, more of a strategic medieval combat simulator.

Many of the ideas for the new game were in the older games, now just with modern tech being able to back them up. I think the potential for what he wants to do with the social side, meaning back to what social is not what zynga made it to be, is very interesting. So many of todays rpg's owe their existance to ultima, if anything mount and blade borrowed a few ideas, but forgot to tack the role playing part.
Isometric view turning to 3rd person view on entering villages, 'be what you want', building houses .. etc. Sounds very Mount and Blade to me, but ofcourse without the factions, living, not hero centred world, and choices and consequences. Moreover, there as as much rpg and choice and consequence in Mount and Blade as what is described on the Kickstarter page if not more actually.

One thing that mount and blade don't have (which fits the historical theme of the game) is magic.

SpoonFULL

Keeper of the Watch