View Single Post

March 11th, 2013, 18:25
Originally Posted by PetrusOctavianus View Post
I played U4 as a kid, U5 a year and a half ago and then tried to play U6 half a year ago.
Of these games U6 definitely was the most "unplayable", with its poor UI and small view area and I just couldn't force me to play it, while I loved the older and more primitive U5.
However I'm currently playing the Ultima 6 Project, which is a Dungeon Siege mod, and I love it. Definitely more fun than trying to play the original U6.
Highly recommened!

I've heard the Dungeon Siege version of U5 - Lazarus - by some of the same team that made U6P is even better, but I haven't tried it yet.
I actually bought Dungeon Siege just for those two projects. I went through a retro-gaming binge in 2009 where I played Ultima 3-7 Part 1 to completion. The games are a bit too fresh in my head. I'll wait a few years and then knock out the Dungeon Siege variants. I do, however, think that it was a pretty silly decision on Lazarus' part not to avail themselves of the modern UI/convenience features in Dungeon Siege (quest journal, encyclopedia, etc.).

gozioso

Watchdog