View Single Post

March 11th, 2013, 18:51
Originally Posted by cptbarkey View Post
Richards charisma is very catching in a much better way versus Peter Molyneux the charlatan. I can see that attitude doing wonders for motivating his team. I think his more recent dramatic failure of Tabula Rasa was more of him focusing on shooting himself into space versus being an active leader in that project. Here it is quite different.
Good point, and I agree about that. Also this will be the first time in a long while where Garriott has full creative control of an RPG project. Ultimate Collector of course doesn't count - that was obviously just a means to an end (building / funding his new company), and was made before the rise of Kickstarter.

If he has full creative control that gives me faith that he'll pull off something good. The tricky thing here is the "too many cooks spoil the broth" aspect of crowdfunding. There are two divergent audiences clamoring for attention, the UO fans and the old-school Ultima fans. Me, I happen to be in both camps so I'm pretty confident he'll come up with something I enjoy. But I understand why some are skeptical if their tastes lean one way or the other.

Hopefully we'll see in further updates how they intend to please both audiences.

Myrkrel

Sentinel