View Single Post

March 12th, 2013, 00:06
Originally Posted by SpoonFULL View Post
I am surprised as to why people continue to question the form of this game: it is a multiplayer game. It is clearly written in the product features (although put as the last feature as if this is the least important feature or they are trying to hide this fact - compare this with the first feature in the Torment kickstarter which clearly specify that it is a single player game).

This is unfortunate as it belongs now with the massive pile of MMO and free-to-play, microtransactions riddled games littereing the digital world.

You are right if you blatantly ignore all the info out there. I mean, it makes your argument but it is not correct. Everything they have said so far was that it would have a single player storyline like U4 to U7 timeline with the option to play cooperative in a persistent area.

I'm not sure why it is hard for you to understand.

Richard Garriott here:Let me address your question about solo and multiplayer play. The game has both! The game is absolutely story driven, similar to early Ultima's. We do not intend to force anyone to play "online". That being said, I believe many or most will find our interpretation of multiplayer to enhance their experience. When the game is played online, there is a global persistent world that ALL players are part of (no shards intended), all player shops with their vendors as well as homes and other permanent structures are seen by and visited by all players. In addition, you will see and interact with other players in real time. But, the people you will generally bump into will be connected preferentially based on if you already know them, or have some other reason we think you would enjoy playing with them.

I guess I'm different in that I am going by what the developer has said instead of making up what I want.

If you don't stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front.

rune_74

SasqWatch