View Single Post

March 12th, 2013, 09:44
Originally Posted by Grifman View Post
The problem is that you have this reversed. It's being developed for the PC with a port to the tablet. From what I've seen I don't see any "limitations" whatsoever, you have an isometric TB RPG that looks like the original Fallout or Jagged Alliance 2. Don't see any supposed limitations whatsoever.
No, I said IF it has been developed for tablets - because I honestly don't know what their process has been. Joxer suggested it was the case - and I explained why it might put someone off the game.

However, if they intend to port it for tablets - they're probably developing the PC version with the portability in mind as there's no reason to go with tablet except for opportunism, which means they don't want to give the tablet version a low priority - and we'll end up with the same limitations. Whether that will hurt the game itself - that remains to be seen, but I'd say the chances are extremely high. There's only so much you can do with a tablet game - and unless you want to give yourself a major headache - you're not going to develop two completely different games at once.

As for the game itself, I'm not a fan of the character art style - and I especially don't like the glow around them. Not sure if that's something that's likely to change - but I've seen nothing from the game that really appeals to me, so far.

That's why I haven't been following it. It might turn out to be a pleasant surprise.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential