View Single Post

March 15th, 2013, 21:33
Originally Posted by rune_74 View Post
The biggest argument I have read is people don't think he deserves or needs the support. Which monetarily he probably doesn't, but isn't like u are just giving him money t is more you are getting something for what you spend. I honestly think the major reason he did this kickstarter was to get fans involved and get the idea of his game out there.

Btw single player was always there from the start, as was multiplayer.
I consider my kickstarter pledges each as an investment in an idea and the possibility of it turning into something real. If I pledge for SotA, it's because I want to tell LB: "I, too, want you to go and try to accomplish that." I find it a fair way of gauging interest and letting fans sign up and become involved, even entitled, in a more real way that they would otherwise, even if the money itself is not really required for the project's success.
Unfortunately, really unfortunately, what I've seen and heard so far still doesn't make me want LB to do that. Sure, some features point into the right directions, but there is nothing that makes me feel anywhere near when I read early previews of Ultimas 6, 7, 8 or 9. I don't think it's me having become jaded, because there are still games where I get that reaction, be it Grimrock, Skyrim or the latest Avernum.

This is a big part of why I believe that people will not feel like they losing the ability to explore. Even cooler though is there maybe times when you've been to a tile 99 times before to hunt rabbits for cooking only to find the 100th time it is a special scene!
I'm sorry, that's not a world that I'd like to explore. That just feels random and generic.

That I consider facts, not some random poster who thinks its a copy of mount and blade.
Play nice.

Moorkh

little backer that could
RPGWatch Donor