View Single Post

March 16th, 2013, 22:15
Originally Posted by Roq View Post
A much better update. And starting to give some idea of how things are intended to work. They still need to clarify how the story progresses, I notice that in certain circumstances you get funneled back into solo (SPO) mode, no doubt for story progression reasons. But, how is that going to work if you are grouped up?

OPO or full MMO mode appears similar to Elder Scrolls online's mega server. i.e. they restrict the people you see in the game according to some criteria of suitability. How these ideas will work out in practice isn't clear.

I don't think they really need the single player offline mode: Is that just to pacify pledgers who object to any form of DRM? Why didn't they just say they were making an MMO, instead of all that stuff about "ultimate RPGs"? Then noone would have asked for offline mode in the first place.

So they are making an MMO, but on what appears to be a very low budget of < 10m, when most of the AAA competition are in the >50m category, I reckon. That is presumably the reason for the episodic approach.

Plus I'm still not happy with how player housing / shops has been described, just seems really odd to have a feature restricted to a tiny proportion of the population.
I'm not sure how you got that they were making an exclusively mmo with the single player mode tacked on. The SPO mode for me is where I think it is at, which gives you only dynamic play while allowing you to not being annoyed.

I think in some ways you could call some parts of it a full MMO, but I think that it is more of a smaller scale version of one. Also, the episodic approach is just the term they are using to build expansions to the game, saying that all the episodes would basically be expansion level doubling the effected area.

In the end they are not calling it an MMO because it really isn't want they were aiming for. And really with this update we don't need to try and pigeon hole it into one.

If you don't stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front.

rune_74

SasqWatch