View Single Post

March 18th, 2013, 20:05
Originally Posted by Kostaz View Post
So you installed those mods and then created that ultra realistic face through the character creation screen (and brought it up later via console to tweak it)?

Yeah that's my main "issue" with Bethesda games. I've put off starting Skyrim to wait for a mature modding scene + Bethesda to release all DLCs. I even stopped my FNV playthrough back in the day because my focus shifted from the fairly complex politics to modding.
Aye I basically used the CC. I did use the console for some quick minor tweaks, I won't do any massive stuff after Helgen, but the CC lighting makes it impossible to really get the best look as you need to do that under a variety of lighting conditions.

I got about 90 mods right now, three of them ones I made myself - one for a custom pet companion named Garm, and one for a custom race - but based off the Nord template. Those I shared.

The last one is actually named after my character and has his look imported as a preset. What I am doing is very minor tweaks as he goes through the game. Growing the beard a little, adding a little age, and some minor things to his base race (Wolf Blooded) as he moves forwards in certain quests. That way I get to customize his look and abilities based on what he does in the game - sticking to lore and his personality. Lots of fun and very immerssive.

Character is centrality, the impossibility of being displaced or overset. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

wolfgrimdark

Keeper of the Watch