View Single Post

March 19th, 2013, 09:25
Hi, it did look interesting enough, as I like to play roguelikes on the go, so I loaded it on my iPhone. Took it for a quick spin.
Early impressions are a bit mixed, I'm sorry to say.

I am having quite a bit of trouble with the interface. Swipes (used to open menu panels) don't seem to register properly. When I eventually managed to open the options panel (you have to swipe down really quite fast, registers only after several tries) - I then couldn't leave it again…
OK, I eventually got out of Options again (swipe up) but the problem is even worse than for getting in - had to swipe at least 5 times before it closed.

I found the default tap&confirm setup a bit tedious, but I found this can be changed in the options.

When I move a character, the icons on the bottom sometimes dissapear, and I can lose the rest of my party out of view completely. The icons come back after I moved back to the party and selected a different character. This is confusing, not sure why that happens.

During movement you only see the part of the map that the character sees (not what the entire party sees, and explored terrain does not remain visible!). This can get confusing e.g in combat, when your party is distributed and it's not so clear where the character has to move to join the fray.

It's also a bit unclear how Actions work in combat mode - I can only loot once, but have lots of AP left for walking etc.

Lots of confusing stuff.

On the plus side, lots of options, nice graphics for a roguelike, great music. This could be a lot of fun, if the interface issues are sorted out. Lots of combat moves, terrain height effect, etc.
Last edited by GhanBuriGhan; March 19th, 2013 at 09:52.

GhanBuriGhan

Wose extraordinaire