View Single Post

March 21st, 2013, 09:34
Finished Deadhouse Gates. And to sum up the first two tales of the Malazan Empire so far: impressive. Looking forward to the third one, which takes place in parallel with book two, but on a different continent or so. In some ways the stories feel like Iain M. Banks Culture series with all the ideas that are being presented; just on one planet and in a magic fantasy setting instead of distant future Sci-Fi. Great stuff.

There's an upcoming book I'm dying to read before that, though A Memory of Light (ebook). Finally! While I don't mind the goriness in Malazan too much, a change of pace is always welcome. Will pass the time until then with more of H.P. Lovecraft's short stories.

Originally Posted by Maylander View Post
Recently started The Dark Tower series by King. So far, so good.
Want to do that as well at some point. I'm going to follow the suggested reading order for the extended series, which includes not only the Dark Tower, but also a good measure of other King books.
I only remember having read IT before, which was terrific, and having watched a couple movies, which were mostly so-so.

"Mystery is important. To know everything, to know the whole truth, is dull. There is no magic in that. Magic is not knowing, magic is wondering about what and how and where." ~ Cortez, from The Longest Journey

Arhu

Feline Wizard
RPGWatch Team