View Single Post

March 24th, 2013, 18:16
Afaik harder arena fights were one of the goals of the CP, the original difficulty was a joke.

The number of Orcs trying to get you is dictated by the difficulty level, if you're on normal it should be 2 melee fighters + whoever is attacking you from a range, not really that much worse in comparison to the original with the exception of you not being able to stun-lock them.

Both of the above scenarios are afaik dictated by the alternative difficulty.

As for the armor I've personally found the new system to work better for me even though I generally avoid melee in G3. In case you haven't read it here's what the CP manual has to say about armor:
In the normal game, the damage that an NPC causes is solely based upon the strength or rather the "level" of the NPC. And the armor protection of the hero is subtracted from this damage as percentage. This way the hero could reach a maximum protection of 90%. But this holds for an attack by a scavenger as well as for a an attack by a troll, such that the hero, wearing the best armot in the game, still receivesome damage from a scavenger, even when it is just about a few hitpoints.

With activated AB,
the damage caused by a human or Orc to the heis not only connected to the strength of the NPC, but also influenceby the damage of the weapon the NPC uses. When someone attackonly with fists, that person is now less dangerous than for example with a battle axe.

On the other hand,the armor of the hero doesn't work percentually anymore, but in absolute figures. If the hero has a good armor, then weak opponents will rarely be able to wound him anymore. To make sure that the hero does not become completely immune against attacks from weak enemies, a small percentage of these attacks will still cause a little damage.

Not changed are the battles between NPCs themselves and the attacks of the hero, nor are the formulae for attacks with ranged weapons or magic.
I'd suggest investing a few points in HP as they can make much more difference early in the game.

I'd just like to interject here and point out that I'm not going to say anything to spoil the mood, Chief. I'll just float here and watch. Don't mind me, just sitting here, floating and watching, that's me.

Kostas

Dormant Watcher