View Single Post

March 26th, 2013, 15:43
Originally Posted by Thaurin View Post
It's why I really couldn't get into Might & Magic IX. I never played the series and modern games have forever spoiled me to the point where I need a minimum level of graphical polish. The screenshots for this look just fine, though.
I think that Might and Magic is one of the few games where the graphics became worse in some way over time. There was a little improvement from MM4 to MM3 and then there was the tansition to 3D. And from MM6 to MM7 there was also a small improvement. But in the same moment it became less detailed.

While in the earlier games you had a pretty clear picture of where you are and what you are doing there in the latest games it was more like "imagine that all these brickwalls around you are actually a canalization system" or "imagine that all these brickwalls are a dragon lair" like if they couldn't effort someone doing some additional textures. Sure, you had this stuff in older games. But especially in this 3D environment the World got more and more generic and dead and it felt like random stuff was thrown together to get enough content to release another game. I think I left the series before or with the 8th part and never checked out the 9th. But I am looking forward to MM10 now.

Kordanor

Wastelander
RPGWatch Donor