View Single Post

March 27th, 2013, 01:45
I'm too lazy to start a separate thread.

Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
I started playing last night as soon as it unlocked, but I was too tired to play for very long. I installed the new Nvidia driver before I started, and I've (surprisingly) been able to run it on "ultra" settings and get decent framerates on a GTX 470.
Yeah, it works on ultra in my case too. And it improved a lot since applying the latest nvidia driver.

Anyway, the game is a blast. Graphically and art direction-wise it's one of the most beautiful games I've seen. The sky-line is amazing. Shooting and gameplay feel very solid. But the one regret I do have is starting the game on 1999 mode (i've unlocked it with a cheat code, as I was afraid the game might be too easy on normal or hard mode). But, surprise-surprise, it's actually really tough. And when you die and resurrect you loose money (and when you don't have anymore money you have to reload). So much so that I'm broke, and you need money to improve your abilities (vigors). But I also kind of enjoy the difficulty. When I manage to pull a long fight off it's very rewarding.

I have hopes that it's a long enough game. I'm 4 hours in and I've not met Elizabeth yet. But I've really been taking my time, especially the first areas before all hell breaks loose.

danutz_plusplus

Keeper of the Watch