View Single Post

March 27th, 2013, 10:34
Originally Posted by crpgnut View Post
Know that ye may only pass if on a sacred quest, iirc.
Thou art correct, sir.

Heh, I just realized that in the last screenshot I actually have over 400 gold, which is quite a lot more than the measly 37 gold in the first screenie. Did I sell "I met the Avatar" T-shirts and "I support LB" pins to people I met or what is the story behind this sudden influx of gold. Gold! All that sweet gold!! Moolaah! Erm, where was I… Yes, well, I got a few good loot drops in between the first screenshot and the last, and sold all my excess stuff (which had grow to a quite a sizable list - I'm a packrat) at Buc's Den , so all of a sudden I have about half of what would've been needed to purchase a ship. But now I that I have acquired a ship, I can spend that on booze and hookers… no, sorry, that was Iolo and Dupre speaking, I mean on donations to the poor and on some meagre rations (of dry bread and stale water) for my and my party.

Speaking of Dupre, I'm sorely tempted to bring Dupre into my party, even if fighters aren't all that hot in U5. I already have a fighter, Shamino (who used to be a ranger, but as U5 narrowed the class selection to just three, he's a fighter now, go figure), and one fighter is basically enough, but would like to have the trio of Iolo, Shamino and Dupre in my party nonetheless. Maybe I'll dump Julia and get Dupre, even if that's not the most optimized party. Tradition demands…

"It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue."

Lurking Grue

Random Encounter #23