View Single Post

March 29th, 2013, 07:09
While I was looking for examples to understand how to write the needed script I stumbled on 0901PRTL.BCS under Override with Near Infinity. The script looks like what you described but there's an extra IF-THEN bit regarding the Lady and a location I doubt I should have visited by now. It looks out of place but I just need confirmation before deleting it since it seems to change some variable regarding "Lady".

Here's the script:
Code:
IF
	HarmlessEntered([PC])
	Global("Portal_Active","AR0901",1)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		SetGlobal("Doll_Switch","GLOBAL",0)
		Continue()
END

IF
	HarmlessEntered([PC])
	Global("AR1900_Visited","GLOBAL",1)
	GlobalGT("Lady","GLOBAL",49)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		SetGlobal("Lady","GLOBAL",49)
		Continue()
END

IF
	HarmlessEntered([PC])
	!Dead("Fhjull")
	Dead("Trias")
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		StartCutSceneMode()
		StartCutScene("0901cut1")
END

IF
	HarmlessEntered([PC])
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		StartMovie("CReturn")
		TeleportParty("AR0200",[1034.1756],0)
END

Edit:
I'm surprised by how many features are available in these tools. I found the exact same lines regarding "Lady" in AR610 which is even further back in the game (Ravel's Area) and thus makes even less sense.
Anyway, it seems I overestimated the power/necessity of the arguments contained in the scripts. Do they function as necessary preconditions or simple variable switches? Deleting the yellow lines had no effect and I'm back to having no ideas.

Syntax error? Missing component? Or a non scripting bug?

I'd just like to interject here and point out that I'm not going to say anything to spoil the mood, Chief. I'll just float here and watch. Don't mind me, just sitting here, floating and watching, that's me.
Last edited by Kostas; March 29th, 2013 at 08:43.

Kostas

Dormant Watcher