View Single Post

March 29th, 2013, 13:59
Originally Posted by Nameless one View Post
I have very fond memories of this one,it was best tactical shooter back then,I am sorry both ghost recon and rainbow six series went from pretty hardcore tactical shooters to call of duty clones.

How it hold up today, did it aged well?
Reasonably well I would say. There's a Raven Shield 2.0 mod that improves a lot of things, including textures. The graphics is ok for it's time which is ok even if the game lacks shaders and shadows. I have some jumping textures but it's ok. The game was made while the developers still tried to make the most advanced tactical simulation on the market and it's the peak of that type. We bought the game from Steam for just $4.99 and got more hours out from it than more expensive titles. It's a good sidegame since you can just shoot some terrorists once in awhile. We often take a round before or after playing the heavier campaigngames (like Borderlands) we play as the "main event", like when we wait for someone or someone have to leave early.

Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind. - John F Kennedy
An eye for an eye, and soon the whole world is blind. - Mahatma Gandhi
The world is my country. To do good is my religion. My mind is my own church. This simple creed is all we need to enjoy peace on earth. - Thomas Paine
Last edited by JemyM; March 29th, 2013 at 17:39.

JemyM

Okay, now roll sanity.

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM