View Single Post

April 1st, 2013, 16:58
Originally Posted by darkling View Post
Depends on what we're talking about. My examples were both unique hardware and software workarounds to work with said hardware. My point is that there were unique differences between those devices that set each of them apart. Nothing about the next gen sets them apart from PC's. PC's from a few years ago, even. Nothing really sets the PS3 or Xbox apart from a PC either, except game selection. Which is an artificial limitation set by marketers and businessmen, so is ultimately irrelevant when discussing hardware.
The games being for a particular system actually did hit me pretty hard a long time ago. Knowing that amazing games existed on another platform that I did not own.

But eventually I got over it. And from the way things look, consoles are here to stay. In my opinion. PC-only gamers are just limiting themselves by clinging to some self-imposed sense of honor if they find a console game appealing but refuse to purchase a console for it. I think as gamers, we'll own one or more consoles - just a matter of time, I think.

I myself own a PS3 which served the family well for years. And I am looking forward to the PS4 - but only when some good killer-games are released for it.

Dr. A

Keeper of the Watch