View Single Post

April 2nd, 2013, 15:43
Originally Posted by Kostaz View Post
My main issue with that interpratation, just as with the one suggested by the user Nameless one is that while it works and makes sense, it suggests that the game did not provide closure on TNO's mortality as adequate as the closure it provided to memory/personality torment. I've read discussions on even if TNO could tip the scales of the Blood War but it all feels a bit meta instead of viewing the ending as redemptive (even if unsatisfying).
Hope that makes sense.
True, but there is no "death" in D&D. Dying simply means going to the realm of Kelemvor, and then he decides your fate - usually either entering the wall of the faithless (if you don't believe in any deity) or the plane of the deity you believe in.

I have no idea what Kelemvor would do with a being like TNO, who has probably worshipped all the deities at some point. TNO is also much older than most current deities and his original crime probably happened at a time where only a handful of the current deities even existed.

As I see it, there is a lack of closure, yes, but it is missing out of necessity. It's rather hard to figure out what exactly to do with an entity as unique and powerful as TNO.

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander