View Single Post

Default Original Sin - 5 Days of Kickstarter

April 3rd, 2013, 19:56
Swen Vincke shares some info and statistics in his blog after 5 days of the Kickstarter campaign for Original Sin (which was monday).
This going to be a very short post because I need some sleep, but I just wanted to mention how motivating it is to see all these shows of support and how helpful all our fans and backers have been. Iím exhausted but reaching 63% of our funding goal (252K at present) in 5 days is just amazing and itís very easy to find energy amidst so much support. And the feedback weíve received is worth gold Ė that alone is a reason to do a campaign like this Ė now I understand what Brian Fargo & the guys at Obsidian were shouting about all the time. Itís one thing to be reading about it, itís a completely different thing to be in the middle of it. Anyway, thatís it Ė I actually just wanted to share a few stats from our campaign
The average pledge amount so far is $44.23 (really high imho so we have generous backers). Weíve had 30118 video views and of those 17,78% finished the video, both numbers low imho so we need to do something there. We are now at a conversion rate of 18,9% so thatís dropped but itís still pretty high.
Tomorrow weíre going to launch an update that is going to change our approach a little bit, focussing less on the features of what weíre doing and telling more of the story & world that weíve been creating. Weíll also modify our rewards as much as we can & introduce a few new things. And, weíll emphasise single player a bit more Ė itís true that we didnít do that enough whereas itís actually the most important bit. And with a bit of luck, thereís also be Dragon Commander news, because obviously, that team hasnít been sitting idle!
More information.

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team