View Single Post

April 5th, 2013, 03:05
Originally Posted by Gloo View Post
I can understand the meaning of this complaining but hey man, they just already raised $1,382,603 out of a total goal of $1M. What a mess and a bunch of awkward communicant… ! Come on, keep your rantings a bit more down to earth.
I think you misunderstand me. As a long time fan of Richard Garriot's work creating Ultimas, I want SotA to be successful. My criticisms are intended to help their kickstarter, not bash it. Yes, they've raised money beyond their goal which means the kickstarter will be successful.

But I believe if they summarized their key features for people unfamiliar with Ultima games they might have generated much more revenue. Their kickstarter presentation is not the messiest one out there, but it's not exactly concise or organized either.

Original Sin's kickstarter, though not nearly as badly as SotA imho, was sort of suffering from the same problem. But they listened to backers telling them to make a short video that quickly communicates key features to people unfamiliar with the project and they did exactly that, in a pretty superb way. Hopefully it will generate more kickstarter revenue.

There is no downside that I can think of to summarizing key features, why not just do that.

If I'm right but there is no wife around to acknowledge it, am I still right?

TheMadGamer

SasqWatch