View Single Post

April 5th, 2013, 05:29
Originally Posted by TheMadGamer View Post
I think they are doing well. Unlike Original Sin, they don't have much game to show just yet since it's all just starting for the most part. But they have two big assets: a) RG is the founder of the original Ultima series and although he doesn't officially get to use that name for this new game it's still a BIG plus and b) Richard Garriot's name is well known in the business.

Those two reasons alone should have made this a 2m slam dunk. But I attribute the lack of concise messaging as the main reason why it's doubtful they'll make 2m with just 60 hours left to go. I'll be happy to be wrong on this.

Again, and I can't state this strongly enough, as a long time Ultima fan I really appreciate all the videos and lengthy write-ups that are available. It's just too bad they didn't summarize for people out there that know little or nothing of the Ultima games to help them get a quick understanding of the type of game being created as I'm sure many newcomers would be interested in this type of game.
Oh I agree….I think it also works against him in the fact that a lot of people doing kickstarter only know him for tabula rosa…The original Ultima games a lot are too young for them.

Enough thread jacking though…

If you don't stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front.

rune_74

SasqWatch